Quality which delivers benefits
The BPW drawbar is a rigid drawbar installation for centre axle drawbar trailers that is mounted on the frame of the trailer vehicle. Designed for centre axle drawbar trailers with a gross vehicle weight rating of 6-24t, it is the reliable drawbar assembly for conventional transport.
The rigid drawbar connected to the vehicle frame provides the connection to the tractor unit. As well as transmitting towing and braking forces (horizontal forces) it also transmits a part of the gross trailer weight to the tractor vehicle via the drawbar load, and additionally the dynamic drawbar load when braking (vertical forces).
BPW drawbars - Features and benefits
- For centre axle drawbar trailers with a gross vehicle weight rating of 6-24 t
- Drawbar load up to 2,500 kg
- Various versions available:
- Rigid, adjustable length or adjustable height
- Screwable, modular construction available
- Different types of towing eye
- Special versions available upon request
- With EC approval or individual certificates
- Cataphoretic dip-coating with zinc-phosphating (5 times better than conventional primers and topcoar paints)
- Competent advice and calculation of the characteristic values (e.g. for optimum equalisation between the BPW hitch block and the BPW drawbar)
- High level of corrosion resistance due to galvanised internal tubes in drawbars with variable length