Fewer incidents of collision damage due to safer reversing.
More than one third of all the damage suffered by trailers is caused when reversing. The Soft Docking reversing assistance from BPW helps you to avoid costly repairs and the associated downtimes. Taking the average cost of damage, the system pays for itself in less than six months. When connected to the ECO Tronic EBS, Soft Docking brakes the trailer automatically – adapted to the speed and load. Retrofitting the reversing assist is easy, and may qualify for a grant such as that offered by the De-minimis programme from the German Federal Ministry of Goods Transport.
Mode of function of Soft Docking
While the trailer is being reversed, two ultrasound sensors on the rear left and right measure the distance to the loading ramp. The Soft Docking control unit connected to the EBS processes the distance information.
When the distance is 3.5 metres or less, the LED warning light and a warning sound are activated. The trailer automatically brakes for two seconds 1.0 metre before the ramp, depending on the speed and load.
To assist the driver, the position lights are switched on continuously when the distance is 0.5 metres or less, and the warning sound is permanently activated. When making night-time deliveries, the warning sound can be muted by engaging reverse gear twice.
- Soft Docking distributor including the electronic control unit
- Adjustable sensor in a protective housing
- Warning outline lights (visual warning signals)
Your advantages at a glance
- Preventing collision damage by automatic braking
- Easier docking because of audible and visual warnings
- Reliable and safe docking by day or night
- Quiet night-time mode
- Graduated brake pressure, adapted to the load and speed
- Stand-alone solution, therefore optimum even when tractor vehicles are changed
- Straightforward installation and retrofitting of the components
- Rapid payback, on average within fewer than six months